POSITION VACANT: BUS DRIVER
Are you a person with a good driving record? Are you dedicated, reliable and punctual? Are you able to work alone and as part of a team?
Above the Role
Nadrasca Community Options in Mitcham is seeking a Bus Driver to drive a split shift in the mornings and afternoons, 3-5 weekdays
Who are we looking for?
A person with the following qualifications, experience, skills and attributes:
Qualifications and Experience
- A current Full Victorian Drivers Licence (manual). An endorsed licence is desirable, but nor mandatory.
- Level 2 First Aid Certificate and CPR, or be willing to obtain one as soon as possible (which has to be updated annually)
- Safe, clean driving record
Skills and Attributes
- Commitment to working with people with a disability
- Ability to support people with respect and as valued citizens
- Commitment to the safety of passengers on the bus
- Must have patience and a friendly and helpful attitude
- Responsible and professional attitude to work and life
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain effective communication with all levels of the organisation, as well as parents/carers.
- have a current Working with Children Check or be willing to apply for one
- undergo a Police Check (International Police Check/Visa check if applicable)
- be willing to have a Medical fit for work Assessment.
How to Apply
You must submit with your application:
- A cover letter addressing qualifications, experience, skills and attributes
- A resume with at least 2 professional referees, on request.
- A Pre-Employment Application (PEA) form. Click here for the PEA.
Click here for the Position Description and for more information, please contact Liz Clarke on (03) 9872 3922 and to apply, please send to email@example.com.
Nadrasca has a workforce of approximately 170 full time, part time and casual staff across our services to assist our 370 clients across 24 locations in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne. The clients include around 170 people working in Nadrasca Industry who are paid pro-rata Award-based wages. Nadrasca values the contribution of its staff/employees and acknowledges that a well-trained, committed, professional group delivers quality outcomes. We provide staff/employees with an environment that supports both personal and professional growth.
We employ a range of professionals in the areas of direct care, training, instruction and supervision, finance and administration. Nadrasca enjoys a tax status that enables staff to package their salary in a way that reduces the amount of tax paid, leaving a significant increase in take-home pay, through participating in Nadrasca’s Salary Sacrifice Scheme. Nadrasca staff are covered by a range of Awards and Agreements that offer competitive salaries and employment conditions.
Nadrasca Industry provides eligible employees with industry-specific training and on-the-job support which aims at building employees’ skills and self-esteem. This empowers employees to be financially and socially independent and feel a part of their community.
For information on eligibility and the employee recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Chris Bourke on (03) 9873-1111.
Download our Prospective Employee Pamphlet.